TestDisk 6.13 Release
TestDisk is a powerful free data recovery program! It was primarily designed to help recover lost partitions and/or make non-booting disks bootable again when these symptoms are caused by faulty software, certain types of viruses or human error (such as accidentally deleting your Partition Table).
PhotoRec is a File Recovery program designed to recover lost files; including video, documents and archives from Hard Disks, CDRom and lost pictures from digital camera memory (thus, its Photo Recovery name). PhotoRec ignores the filesystem and goes after the underlying data, so it can still find files even if your media's filesystem has been severely damaged or re-formatted (overwritten data, of course, can not be recovered).
You can download the latest version from http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Download.
- Fix UAC manifests for Windows, so users don't need to use right-click "Run As Administrator"
- TestDisk & PhotoRec are now compatible with both libewf and libewf2, the new version of a library to support the Expert Witness Compression Format (EWF).
- Fix image creation, image.dd file wasn't created (Regression introduced in 6.12)
- Detect Vmware VMFS partition
- Locate lost GFS2 partition but not yet the size
- Log HDD serial number and firmware revision
- List NTFS Alternate Data Streams (ADS)
- Session recovery restarts at the previous location
- Better MPEG recovery, there should be less concatenated videos.
- Better JPG recovery, there should be less cases where thumbnails were recovered instead of the picture itself.
- Handle large avi files using "AVIX" or mov files using 64-bit chunk size.
- Rename recovered pdf using the title (not perfect)
- Major cleanup of PhotoRec core code
New file formats:
- .caf Core Audio Format
- .dardar3 archive
- .ddf Didson Data File (v3 and v4)
- .gcs GCstart (personal collections manager)
- .gam Games Factory
- .hdf Hierarchical Data Format 4
- .hdr ENVI
- .max 3ds
- .oci OpenCanvas Image .oci
- .par2 archive
- .psmodel Delcam PowerSHAPE
- .save Assassin's Creed II backup
- .sh3d Sweet Home 3D
- .TiVo video record
- .vmg Nokia Text Message
- .wpb OpenCanvas files