TestDisk 6.10 Release
TestDisk is a powerful free data recovery program! It was primarily designed to help recover lost partitions and/or make non-booting disks bootable again when these symptoms are caused by faulty software, certain types of viruses or human error (such as accidentally deleting your Partition Table).
PhotoRec is a File Recovery program designed to recover lost files; including video, documents and archives from Hard Disks, CDRom and lost pictures from digital camera memory (thus, its Photo Recovery name). PhotoRec ignores the filesystem and goes after the underlying data, so it can still find files even if your media's filesystem has been severely damaged or re-formatted (overwritten data, of course, can not be recovered).
You can download the latest version from https://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Download.
TestDisk & PhotoRec 6.10 comes with several improvements:
- Report disk manufacturer and model under Windows and Linux (Only Linux was supported in 6.9)
- Under Linux, /dev/mapper/* and /dev/md? are now listed with the harddisks.
- Now both OS and compiler versions are recorded in the log file.
- Testdisk is now shipped with plugins for both BartPE and WinBuilder
This new TestDisk version can
- undelete files and directories for FAT filesystem,
- undelete files for ext2 filesystem,
- copy files from ext2/ext3 partitions. These feature was already available for FAT and NTFS.
- New file formats are supported:
- adr Opera Hotlist
- als Ableton Live Sets
- amb Licom AlphaCAM
- amd/amt/atd/att AlphaCAM
- amr Adaptive Multi-Rate
- arj Archive
- arw Sony raw image,
- asm Pro/ENGINEER Assembly
- chm MS Windows HtmlHelp Data
- dc TSCe Survey Controller DC v10.0
- deb Debian Archive
- drw Pro/ENGINEER Drawing
- ds2 Digital Speech Standard v2
- fcs Flow Cytometry Standard 3.0
- f Fortran
- fits NASA Flexible Image Transport System
- frm Pro/ENGINEER Drawing Form
- gho Ghost
- gpg Partial support for GPG/OpenPGP file recovery
- ics vcalendar
- ifo DVD Video manager or title set
- iso cd/dvd iso image (ISO0660)
- kmy KMyMoney
- m2ts Blu-ray MPEG-2
- mcd VectorWorks
- mfg Pro/ENGINEER Manufacturing
- msf Mozilla "mork database"
- pfx files holding PKCS#12 keys
- prt Pro/ENGINEER Model
- psp Paint Shop Pro Image File
- SQLite databases
- stl Stereolithography CAD
- stp Standard for the Exchange of Product model data
- tph Pro/ENGINEER ToolPath
- veg Sony Vegas
- wdb Microsoft Works Database
- wks Lotus 1-2-3
- Load and save FileOpts settings: remember which file types to recover
- For JPEG files, extract the time/date from Exif header and set the file time